Scanning has become a regular daily task for most of us. We like to scan everything that comes across our desks, making electronic documents out of their hardcopy counterparts. We have embraced the paperless approach of managing our documents. Now it’s time to refine the process with some quick and easy tips for better scanning. Our Atlanta-based headquarters prides itself on providing our clients with the best scanning solutions available, and we are excited to share these solutions with you!
- Make sure you are using the right devices. It is essential to choose the right kind of technology for your business. Picking the right scanner falls under this tech-driven decision-making process. Scanning devices come in a wide range of sizes and speeds. Speed is especially important. Make sure your devices can keep up with your needed volume of scans. Format is another important feature that will come into play if you have a variety of different sized documents that need to be scanned regularly.
- Keep your documents clean. This means removing staples and taping up torn pages. Don’t just throw your documents in there without a quick review of their condition. Machine jams take time to fix, and they often cause unnecessary wear and tear to your devices.
- Keep your scanner clean, too. You should wipe down your scanning devices at least once a month. Remove any dirt and smudges from the glass with a microfiber cloth and glass cleaner (after unplugging the device, of course). This will keep your scans clear and easy to read.
- Work in batches. When you scan a large amount of documents, do so in batches. Organize your documents by file type. This will allow you to easily save large groups of related files into the same location. It’s these small adjustments that can make big improvements to your workflows.
- Get the most out of your Document Management System. The physical act of scanning is the first step to digitizing your documents. It’s also important to properly manage these scans in your system as you go. Your Document Management System is what maintains your paperless approach. Be sure to have the right system in place for your business’s needs. Utilize all of its tools to make sure all of your scanned documents are properly named and archived. It also helps to convert your files into searchable PDFs. This makes it easy to track down anything you need based on keywords in the text.
Sometimes, it’s the small adjustments that can improve your workflows, like that of scanning. To learn more about some of the scanning solutions that can help your Atlanta business, contact us today.